Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beneath the Gown... Custom Lingerie

My sister & I at 116 Crown
(both dressed beneath the gown by Josie)

Over the weekend I celebrated a very special birthday, and as I am sure you are all aware of by now, I heart my birthday! Every year I scout out the perfect dress and shoes for a night out of celebrating with my family and closest friends. This year my sister and I spent the day touring Soho and she gifted me the most incredible emerald green dress, sticking within the color theme for my party of course.

But with the dress came the dilemma of what to wear beneath it. I knew that there was nothing I could buy in any store that would work and headed straight to the expert, miss Josie Jolon from Beneath the Gown, at her adorable boutique on the upper level of the White Dress by the Shore in Clinton, CT. She is not only the sweetest person in the world but she is amazing at being able to custom fit lingerie for any dress. It is such an incredible personalized service, where you can actually bring your dress and then play with different pieces of lingerie until you have the perfect fit. My dress was a real challenge not only to figure out how to wrap but to find the perfect support to go underneath for a seamless look, I don't know what I would have done without Josie.

In addition to the personalized service, and sweet personality, Josie is a super talented seamstress and has designed a gorgeous collection of sexy, flirty, lacy, lingerie so that even underneath your dress you feel beautiful on your wedding day and for any other special occasion. Each piece is so unique! And if you are considering a boudoir session as a gift for your future husband or anniversary present, I highly recommend heading into her shop to have her dress you for the session. You will have a really difficult time deciding on just one piece. They are all so fabulous!

No comments: