Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Voice Inside




I was invited over for a lunch date last week by an incredible friend and host Josh Chalmers from Chalmers Creative Group and Hey Cinderella Weddings and the lovely Miss Felicia from Felicia's Sweet Face Pastry Shoppe. And while it was supposed to be a simple lunch every detail was planned to perfection. I don't think Josh can do simple.

Everytime I go to Josh's house I leave with a new inspiring thought and on this afternoon I came across a poem that was perched perfectly on a shelf behind the toilet. In the most unassuming place I found great inspiration.

It seems as though lately there have been many voices speaking to me, coming at me from all angles and amidst the excitement and anticipation of the past couple of weeks with the launch of my own business the one voice I had been forgetting to listen to was the one that was inside. I think we all forget that it is that simple if we just stop and listen.

THE VOICE

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you -- just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.


For more inspiring poems check out Shel Silverstein online.

No comments: