Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Wine Tasting... Portugal

Wine of the Week
Angelius- Escolha Tinto Bairrada 2005
$7.99


Today as I made my way into Country Roads (Marlborough, CT) I was greeted by a girl doing a St. Patrick's day beer tasting (she was also giving out free pens and buttons if I signed her petition to make St. Patrick's Day a national holiday, which I would have signed without the free pen or button, I LOVE St. Patrick's Day). So while I passed on the opportunity to taste Irish beers, she made me think I really should do a posting for all of the beer drinkers out there but I will save that for next Tuesday.

Today I am featuring a really great red wine from Portugal. It is a blend of traditional local grapes, medium-bodied with good tannins and a spicy, distinctive flavor. Perfect for a Friday Wine Tasting.

No comments: