Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Basket Inspiration....books

Easter is by far my favorite holiday, (not the religious one but the fabulous commercial one). The chocolate, the jelly beans, the colored eggs and most importantly the hunt. Growing up at the Smith house, the Easter Bunny put on an extremely serious hunt. The bunny did not discriminate in size or age and jelly beans and chocolate eggs were so well hidden that they were often found at Christmas. My favorite book at Easter is one that my mom passed down to me, "The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes". It is truly a book that was ahead of its time. Written in the thirties, (and written by a man), it is really the only book out there that sends the message to girls and women, that you can be anything you want to be. It is a book that I lovingly pass down to all my friends daughters. I have now passed it down to my son who is enraptured by the beautiful illustrations and that someone could have 21 children.

It makes a perfect addition to the Easter basket (or Birthday Gift) and can be found in hard cover at The Land of Nod.

No comments: