Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Wine Tasting... Trumpeter Cabernet Sauvignon

Wine of the Week
Trumpeter Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
$9.99


With all of the rain and cooler temps I have been craving a nice glass of red wine like I do in the winter. I keep asking myself is it really the middle of June?! I am longing for hot summer days on the deck with Margarita in hand, or a nice cold crisp glass of white wine, but to help get me through the rain this is a great cheapy red! Happy Friday and Father's Day to all the dads!

Winemaker’s notes:
Color: deep ruby red with violet tones
Juicy berry fruit aromas lead into concentrated flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Well-balanced with firm tannins. Hints of vanilla, cocoa and sweet oak appear on the finish.

Food match: beef, grilled red meats, pork, sweet breads

No comments: