Monday, September 28, 2009

Friday Wine Tasting on Monday... Eos Zinfandel

Wine of the Week...
Eos Zinfandel
$13.99



Friday night husband and I headed to Essex to one of my favorite spots, the Gris Wine Bar at the historic Griswold Inn. Every time I go I try to sample a new wine and on Friday I discovered Eos Zinfandel. It was the perfect wine for a cold fall night in Connecticut. A little bit more than my under $10 favorites but one I would recommend.


Tasting Notes:
The 2007 Zinfandel aromas fill the senses with the fruit of plum and dark berry pie with graham cracker crust. The aromas carry over onto the palate and are balanced by the acidic fruits of black cherry, raspberry and strawberry. This wine finishes out with floral aromatics, subtle hints of oak, dry dusty earth, fresh tobacco that lingers and spices of white pepper and sage.

No comments: