Friday, September 11, 2009

Portugal Inspired, New England Lobster Bake Wedding

Inspiration Board (Colors: Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, Fire Red, Orange)

I started working with miss Jennifer about 6 months ago when she contacted me to see if I would be available to help her design and coordinate her wedding at the Mystic Seaport. It was the first client that I have had that I never met throughout the process. We planned everything remotely while she was living in Portugal. It was an immediate connection and we have had such fun in designing her wedding and really personalizing the details to make it unique to her and her fiance, Pedro. Throughout the planning I never felt disconnected from her or that we were that far away. She even introduced me
to Skype,which is the coolest thing!

I am really excited about Jennifer and Pedro's upcoming wedding and just had to give you a sneak peak at some of the fabulous details. (more to come...)


1. Rice Paper votive holders from Luna Bazaar, will be used as individual vases filled with white flowers on the tables that guests will take as their favor at the end of the night.

2. Lighting: a mix of silk lanterns from Om Gallery and Paper Stars will glow throughout the rafters of the boat shed.

3. Personalized Lobster Bibs, with their names and date stamped by the bride will be at each place setting.

4. Natural Burlap Runners will accent the tables giving texture to the white linens, and cobalt blue chargers will be reflective of a Portuguese Tile.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Gorgeous! I love it!! I am doing a similar colbalt blue/orange post today with a fall pumpkin focus!

hamptons catering said...

A lobster is a fine treat for any occasion. No matter which way you cook your lobster, it is the main event on your plate, therefore your side dishes should be simple, not complicated.