Friday, November 20, 2009

Decorating for Thanksgiving...

Since we bought our first house 2 years ago I started hosting Thanksgiving, one of my absolute favorite holidays of the year. I used to love it simply for the high school football game in the morning and the fantastic feast my mom labored over for a week in advance. Now I have a new appreciation for the holiday. I never knew how much work was really involved until I started hosting all of our families, this year we have 16 people. It is the only holiday throughout the year that we are all together on one day, that is why I love it so much!

As I started thinking about the decor/theme I would do this year I fell in love with the table decorating ideas in this month's issue of Real Simple. Last year I did a true fall table with a mix or browns, reds, yellows, rich oranges, and greens. So this year I really wanted to do something different. Our dining room is a mix of chocolate and ivory colored walls, and a capiz shell chandelier hangs in the center. I love the idea of mixing different textures, colors and natural elements.

Thanksgiving Table Inspiration (Real Simple)

Manzanita Branch, $10, Save on Crafts
Mercury glass votive, Jamali Garden

No comments: