Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Garden Wedding at Eolia Mansion... Meghan and Brad










This past season I had the chance to work with the most unbelievable family. It is not often that I get the opportunity to collaborate closely with a bride's father as I did with Meghan and Brad's wedding. Together we had such great fun in coordinating the details of the event to make it a day they would always remember. After the wedding I received this letter from her father that truly brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad I could be a part of their day to help make it all they had dreamed of and more. Congratulations Meghan and Brad!

A True testament:

I can’t believe that it’s been four weeks since the wedding! All of us are still “floating” after that spectacular day. Colleagues, friends and relatives still talk about it. One of my friends from work tells me that his wife can’t stop talking about all that took place on the 23rd. All she can say is that she hopes her Meghan’s (they have a Meghan in their family) wedding is half as good (and she is only 14!)

Before we met you, we had planned a “basic wedding.” The elements were there and, as you said, we picked some of the vendors that you might have recommended. I suspect that Meghan and Brad’s wedding would have been just fine. You brought the “wow factor.” What started out as a nice wedding turned into a truly memorable event. You added incredible design elements in suggesting the table settings, the lanterns in the tent and the overall layout of the mansion. A Thyme to Cook is truly an award winning caterer but you helped us bring out their best capabilities as we developed the menu. I still can’t get over how great the Celtic music ensemble was. I would never have found them without you.

Meghan and Mary Ellen both knew that I would be so hands on the day of the wedding that I would probably not be able to relax and enjoy the moment. You and Lucinda made it possible for me to really savor all of the moments of Meghan and Brad’s wedding. You took care of all of the details, both large and small: for that alone, I am eternally grateful. I know that I may be the rare involved father of the bride but you understood all of my thoughts and concerns and transformed them into joyous event that we experienced. I can’t thank you enough.

I guess the most important opinions would be from the bride and the groom. They haven’t stopped smiling or talking about the event. It exceeded all of their expectations.

I close with one final sound bite. “Hiring Sarah was the best decision we made in the entire wedding process.”

All the best,

Bob Gallagher


Collaboration:
Event Design/Coordination: True Event
Caterer: A Thyme to Cook
Florist: Hana Floral Design
Venue: Eolia Mansion, Harkness State Park
Photography: Scandinavian Photography
Rentals: Party Rental Ltd.

Lighting: Power Posse Productions

No comments: