Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Years Eve Party Theme... Winter Wonderland

Last week I was delighted to be asked by sister in-law to help her design the decor for her upcoming New Years party at their house. With a million different ideas running through my head I was having a hard time deciding which direction to go in. Until my visit yesterday to the shops at Evergreen Walk in Manchester, CT. From the minute I walked into the Anthropologie store until I left I was in awe of the eye candy that filled the store. The designers at that location are truly incredible!

The store was decked from corner to corner with the most fabulous winter wonderland decorations, all handmade. I was so inspired by my shopping visit to Anthropologie I thought it would be great fun to take natural elements, sticks, and wood stumps, and combine them with all white, silver, and crystals to blend natural and elegant to set the tone for an absolutely fabulous New Years Eve party.



New Years Winter Wonderland Ideas and DIY projects:


Stumps and candles to light the path from the back deck inside.
Stick Ornaments hung in the window, sprayed with Silver Glitter.
Snowflake Garland to hang in front of sliding doors or large window
Another option, a smaller version of cutting a full curtain of snowflakes
Paper Flower Balls also can be blended with paper cut snowflakes, and sticks.
carnation balls, all in white with ornament pics for shine (thanks Yumiko for the idea)
Ornament picks as pictured but not in the shape of a tree, I like simple round balls of carnations.
For the fireplace (or bar,dessert table...) I love the mix of white branches, carnations and crystals.

No comments: