Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Kind Diet...


Over the years I have been forced to redefine my diet because of allergies to many of the foods I always used to enjoy eating. As I started to eliminate different foods, I saw a huge change in the way that I felt. The best approach for me is to stay as close to natural products and ingredients as I can, including fresh vegetables, protein, whole grains, etc. Anything processed and in a box is loaded with things that don't agree with me. So a clean diet is what I strive to maintain, which is not always easy running from appointment to appointment.

Recently I have been doing some research into superfoods and vegan/raw eating. I am curious about the lifestyle but know it will redefine an already strict style of eating and eliminate some things I still do enjoy, i.e. chicken, and cheese. One of my brides recently suggested the Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and raved about the recipes that are included. And she is right it is just absolutely fabulous and also goes into great detail about the benefits of being a vegan. I highly recommend this book for anyone that is considering making these changes to their diet and incorporating a healthy approach to look and feel better without having to drink cayenne pepper, maple syrup and lemon (master cleanse) to lose weight. I am excited to give it a go!

4 comments:

Yumiko said...

LOL!!! Don't mess with the master cleanse! :)

All kidding aside, I totally agree, the more organic you can get with eating, the better.

True Event said...

Just checking to see if you are still reading the blog. :)

Shopaholic said...

I've been veg for a long time now and I bought this book about a month ago. What a happy coincidence to see it on your blog! I'm making my way to vegan...soy or rice milk, Whole Soy&Co yogurt, but having trouble in the cheese department finding a tasty replacement. Definitely feel better eating closer to the earth :)

True Event said...

I totally agree. Although I love almond milk over soy or rice. Having trouble with cheese too. But, I recently had cashew parmesan at a local restaurant and it id delicious. Found a recipe here, http://www.ganymeder.com/?p=18