Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Wine Tasting... Wonderful White

Wine of the Week
2009 Clifford Bay Awatere Valley
$10.00


With temperatures well into the 90's for the past what seems like months, even if it only has been a couple weeks, I have officially made the switch to white wines. Which is why I was super excited that Food & Wine this month featured a section on Secret White-Wine Superstars. I will definitely be featuring a few of these in the next couple of weeks as I sample through them for my Friday Wine Tastings. Today I suggest you try this fabulous Sauvignon Blanc from New Zeland, 2009 Clifford Bay Awatere Valley. For $10 this is a must try and perfect bottle to bring along for summer happy hours on the deck!! Happy Friday!

Tasting Notes:
This wine shows blackcurrant, guava and citrus notes. The palate exhibits the same fine fruit flavours with an under lying flinty note typical of Awatere Valley fruit. The finish is long, crisp and dry.

No comments: