Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friday Wine Tasting... Oxford Landing GSM

Wine of the Week
Oxford Landing GSM
$8.99



Wow. This wine is really good! Could be one of my new favorites. I can't believe I have never tried GSM before. What a fantastic blend of grapes. I used to be turned off by the screw top on a bottle of wine, always made me think that there is no way this could be good. But I have been proven wrong repeatedly and this is a perfect example. Great fruit flavor, nice body, soft tannins, and really smooth finish.

Winemaker's notes:

The nose shows bright fruit aromas of fragrant raspberries and plums, a hint of white pepper and a dash of nutmeg and allspice." The palate is generous and fruit driven with layers of cherries, red berried and spice from the Grenache." Fuller plum and dark fruit flavors from the Shiraz provide flesh and weight in the mid palate with the fine soft tannins providing structure and a slightly savory finish.

No comments: