Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Up in the trees....



As we have been taking back our land from the extremely vigorous, noxious and annoying weeds, we have been searching for the perfect tree to set up a treehouse for our soon to be 6 year old son. I secretly have been wanting one since I was a little girl (I still have not received the pony yet either). So when I was searching online for the most inspiring one of all, I stumbled across these beauties! The first set of pictures is from The Treehouse Workshop which is located in Seattle, Washington. They offer workshops as well as a consulting business, traveling across the country picking the best tree and using salvaged materials to build these amazing structures. (I really want that one with the slide..wonder if my 6'7" husband can fit down that?)
The second image is that of Architect Peter Bahouth's own treehouse. You can catch him on YouTube speaking about his tree that has been  around since the civil war.
Hopefully this summer we can get to this mighty project.....ahhh a girl can dream can't she??

No comments: