Thursday, July 16, 2009

Inspiration...Element Clay Studio


I was born and raised on one end of the Connecticut shoreline and now in later years find myself living on the other end. The ocean has had a strong influence on my life as well as in my art. Whether it's in the texture or color of the ocean, it somehow creeps its way into my design of weddings, invitations, table decor, logos, websites, interior and exterior spaces. I am always on the search for the unusual, one-of-a-kind piece, that will inspire me as well as adding to my growing collection of artifacts of the sea. I never have taken a ceramics class but have been in love with it since I was a child. So when I found Heather Knight's store on etsy, I fell deeply in love. Based out of Asheville, North Carolina (very close to my alma mater in Virginia), Heather Knight has created one-of-a-kind ceramic tiles, bowls and vases inspired by the sea. Delicate to the touch, her pieces are made from white earthenware clay and are both food-safe and dishwasher safe. She has even created a page for wedding registry! It makes me want to get married all over again!!!
Thank You Heather for inspiring me!!

No comments: