Thursday, August 13, 2009

Anthropologie vs Antique... My new Vintage Couch

My new Vintage Couch, via my mobile camera on move day.

I have always been in love with the fabulous collection of furniture that Anthropologie has online and in their stores, but could never quite justify the price tag. I decided to keep my eyes open at estate sales, antique stores, etc. until I could find one that I could actually afford.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a relative that was moving and invited us to come look at some of the furniture they just didn't have room for anymore. I almost died when I stumbled upon this fabulous vintage couch in the upstairs hallway. It is right out of the Anthropologie catalog only better! Such a generous gift, that I promised to give a good home to.

Now if only I could decide on a fabric to reupholster it with I would be all set. I of course am inclined to go with a funky pattern, or bright color, to make it a statement piece in our living room. And husband wants to go with a plain old neutral color, so the battle continues.

In my quest to find the perfect fabric I have come across some great fabric sites that I thought I would share.


My inspiration, bright, bold, and colorful!

Anthropologie Couch, via Casasugar
Anthropologie Couch, $4,000, image via Flickr
Anthropologie Astrid Chair, $1,298

House Fabric
Fashion Fabrics Club
Beautiful Fabric

3 comments:

{dreamscapes} said...

Go with a bold color or pattern. So appropriate for a piece like that. It deserves the attention. :)

Krystal said...

That's a fabulous gift!!! Paul and I are looking for a vintage sofa for our studio as well.....I can't wait to see how you re-upholster it! And I agree with the dream team 100%- boldly go where no sofa has gone before! It has to be yellow though.

Weaveron Textile said...

Your fabric design your better.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com