Thursday, August 20, 2009

Championship Celebration... Newport, RI

This past weekend I had the opportunity to work with an incredible couple, not for their wedding but for a really important, special occasion. To celebrate a championship season with the Pittsburgh Penguins and winning the Stanley Cup, Mark Eaton and his family and friends had a reason to throw a party!

It was the perfect summer day from start to finish in Newport at the lovely Belle Mer (one of my favorite destinations) and we had an amazing team to collaborate with. It is a day I know I will always remember and one that I had such fun planning.

Color Story: (inspired by the Penguins team colors we accented the space with yellow and black.

Stanley Cup comes to Newport
Belle Mer
Trying to capture the day from the distance on my own little camera, I don't know why I bother.
Belle Mer, Back Lawn of the Salon
Hana Floral Design
Sangria Specialty Cocktail Incredible Food Stations by the Culinary Team at Belle Mer
Salad StationThe Inflatable Bouncer was a huge hit for the kids
As the sun set guests sat around the fire pit on the back lawn with an incredible view of the bridge in the distance.The event crew, Carrie Scott (Belle Mer), Me and Grace (True Event)
I love how Buzz Media is working hard in the background.

For more pictures check out Anna Sawin's page, I love the one of her drinking out of the cup!


Collaboration:
Venue: Belle Mer, Newport, RI
Flowers: Hana Floral Design
Photography: Anna Sawin Photography
Videography: Buzz Media Company
Music: Steel Rhythm (cocktail hour) and Power Posse (D.J.)
Transportation: Local Motion of Boston
Rentals (Furniture): Rentals Unlimited
Paper: Chocolate Creative Design
Inflatable Bouncer: Better Bounce Inflatables


No comments: