Monday, November 9, 2009

Across the finish line...

Day before the marathon at the expo picking up my packet and number to race.
My father in law (George) and I at the finish in Manteo, NC with our medals.


Since many of you have been following my training and blog postings about the marathon I thought I would give a quick recap of the race.

Yesterday turned out to be one of the most incredible runs I have had since I decided to train to be a marathon runner just over 3 years ago. At the start of the OBX marathon it was absolutely perfect conditions and I felt great the entire run. I highly recommend this marathon for people that are considering a place to do their first one. The course was great, although the unexpected trail portion of the course was quite challenging, sand, sticks, hills, exposed roots, rocks, fun times! I have no idea how the guy running in barefoot made it out of there.

I stayed with the 4 hour pacer for most of the run but started to pull away just after mile 13. I was hoping to beat sister's personal record of 3:40 but came in with an official time of 3:57:38, which for me was a personal record. Until the next one!

4 comments:

yumiko said...

congratulations chickie!!! That is an amazing accomplishment! Woo hoo!

Our Little Beehive said...

Congratulations Sarah!

Jeff Rapoport said...

Congratulations Sarah. Take good care of yourself.

True Event said...

Thanks Everyone! Was a day I will always remember.