Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Persistence of Yellow...

Today I walked into the Red House, to my studio to find a pretty little present sitting on my desk, that instantly brought a smile to my face. I have to admit my birthday is one of my most favorite days of the year. And for everyone that knows me you know that I love to celebrate not just one day but an entire month. So when I walked in after having a completely crazy morning, to this fabulous shiny package sitting there it made me so happy. Inside the silvery wrapping paper and pink bow was a bright yellow book, that was oh so fabulous! The Persistence of Yellow, a book of recipes for life! It really is the perfect gift, and from one of my most treasured friends, Miss Jennie!

You will find the book sitting beside me at my desk perched on a pedestal for all to pick up when you visit me in my studio. Inside on every page are tidbits of wisdom that are surrounded by bright, sunny, happy, energetic yellow!

Two of my favorite pages:

On Tuesday she woke up and realized she had forgotten the definition of the word Impossible. She decided it must not have been important. #230

" And what does it feel like?" we asked. "Well" she said, leaning over to us like a secret "it feels like a gust of wind blowing inside your heart. It feels like bright yellow paint." #81

No comments: