Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bride Wars





After being cooped up all day yesterday doing work at the computer I really needed to get out of the house and was so happy my dear friend Jill agreed to go to the movies with me to see Bride Wars, I never would have been able to convince my husband to join me otherwise. What is it about girls and weddings?! I can still remember getting my first Barbie and Ken doll and always fighting to be the bride as my best friend and I enacted a full wedding between them. Our whole lives we dream about the magic, romantisicm, dream of finding true love and the day we will walk down that aisle. And sometimes we forget about the important things as we become obsessed with the details.

In
Bride Wars Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) are childhood friends, inseperable in every way, and their dream is to one day get married in June at the Plaza. Their friendship was one that could not be broken, until both of their weddings were booked on the same day in June at the Plaza and the drama began.

In the movie it reminded me of how easy it is to get caught up in the planning of a wedding and to forget why it is that you are getting married in the first place. I remember the best advice I was given as a bride when I was in the middle of planning my own wedding, "Cherish every day throughout the planning process leading up to the day of your wedding because that day comes and goes so fast, if you appreciate every day it will be one of the best years of your life..."

So if you love romantic comedies like I do and can't get enough of Kate Hudson I recommend seeing Bride Wars! It won't win any awards but it is the perfect thing to do with your girlfriends on a freezing winter night.


Some of my other favorites are Father of the Bride, The Wedding Planner, Wedding Crashers, Runaway Bride and Sweet Home Alambama.

No comments: