Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesdays are for Mood Boards... Winter in the Dessert


I was recently asked to collaborate on an upcoming photo shoot with the uber talented Carla Ten Eyck, using this mood board as our inspiration. I just love the contrasting details of natural elements found in the desert (succulents, cactus, sand) with white fur, sequence and silver. A winter inspired shoot photographed in the desert.

The photo shoot is taking place on the White Sands National Park in New Mexico, which is truly one of the most breathtaking places in the United States. While studying abroad in college I traveled to Fraiser Island in Australia which reminds me so much of this spot in New Mexico. It is the most amazing feeling to be surrounded by miles and miles of the whitest sand you have ever seen. This venue is a photographer's dream! I am so excited to be a part of such an exciting shoot and to be teaming up with a crew of extremely talented people to bring this inspiration board to reality. Stay Tuned for more details!

Collaboration:
Carla Ten Eyck- Photography
True Event- Event Design/Styling
Datura a Modern Garden- Floral
Coral Pheasant- Paper
The White Dress by the Shore-Dresses
Party Rental Ltd.
- Rentals

2 comments:

Erin said...

oh my goodness how fun! love it!

Amberdawn said...

Very unique theme, and I LOVE the dresses in the top row! Creates a great hourglass figure.